Road trip and surf: the winning combo for Tourism Australia and Quiksilver partnership
Tourism Australia wanted to promote the destination to young French people aged 18 to 30 as an adventure destination.
Article Onze has developed a partnership with the affinity brand Quiksilver, the leading surf brand in France, which shares Australia’s values. Article Onze has therefore initiated an original and integrated promotion combining surfing, adventure and road trip, also involving commercial partners.
Our strategic approach
As part of our participation in the Quiksilver Pro France event, Article Onze focused on off & online promotional campaigns to convert prospects. This included:
- Promotion in Quiksilver’s communication channels: social networks, newsletters, banners, advertising, content, POS display on the village
- Content creation around surfing and road trip with an experience sharing on Australia from 3 professional surfers from Quiksilver
- Visibility (video, POS display, flyers, brochures) in 85 Quiksilver stores in France
- Poster campaign on university campuses
- Promotion of tactical offers with tour operator and airline partners via a digital campaign
- Advertorial reportage in “L’Équipe” supplement
To develop and consolidate Australia’s online community, Article Onze has set up a Facebook contest with the development of “Design ton van” application (with the possibility of winning your own van designed in Australia!) and a video teaser.
An effective 360° campaign
unique visitors to Australia.com dedicated campaign page
new Facebook fans
Innovation Trophy – The Tourist Echo won for the mobile application
increase in sales to Australia for the tour operator partner
A post-activity study was conducted following the operation
23% of our target in France saw the campaign
80% have taken action towards a trip to Australia.
9.7 million euros in advertising equity
The project as seen by the team
Article Onze Digital
We are very proud of this tailor-made operation for Tourism Australia, which was awarded with an Innovation Award. The collaboration with Quiksilver and the implementation of an appropriate digital strategy have enabled us to respond perfectly to the problems of the destination.”