Algarve: the very first MICE workshop organised in France
In 2015, Portugal welcomed a record of 10.2 million foreign tourists (+9.7%). Among the top three are the Spanish (+6.9%) followed by the British (+10.2) and then the French (+14.1%). The most popular destinations were Lisbon and the Algarve, which together attract 6.2 million foreign visitors.
In response to this remarkable growth, Article Onze Tourism organised on 16 March 2016, the first MICE workshop of the Algarve Tourism Bureau, in Paris, in order to highlight the numerous advantages of business tourism of this destination.
Our strategic approach
Article Onze Tourism has accompanied and advised the members of the Algarve Tourism Bureau on the following missions:
- Choice of the location of the event
- Creation of the database of tourism industry professionals and journalists
- Writing and designing the invitation with an online registration form
- Follow-up with professionals and the media for participation in the event
- Organisation and logistics of the event: caterer, decoration, technical, photographer, etc.
- Development of a booklet with a presentation of each partner
- Writing and distribution of a press release
- Follow-up with participants through a feedback questionnaire
During this unprecedented session, members of the Algarve Tourism Bureau and its partners presented the many facets of the region to journalists, product managers and MICE between 9am and 2pm and then to travel agents from 6pm to 10pm.
A successful first edition in France :
of the participants for the choice of partners present
of respondents feel more informed and confident to sell products from the region
vision of the tourist offer, beyond the seaside attraction of the destination
The project as seen by the team
Article Onze Tourisme
A first meeting between the members of the Algarve Tourism Bureau, its partners and key players in the tourism sector in France, rich in exchanges, in a friendly and warm atmosphere just like the Portuguese people.”